When I first installed Ubuntu in my laptop, Minitube was part of the package (I think, it was there). I gave it a try, did not like it, uninstalled it.
It wasn't until I was browsing the Ubuntu Software Center last week that I decided to reinstall it. There were a lot of reviews, thought I might as well give it another go.
- Nice GUI.
- I love the search engine, opening screen and top right of the window.
- Sounds are good.
- There is not a lot of clutter on the window, you have the menu buttons, the viewing window and the search list.
- I love that you can download the clips with just one click!
- Downloading is fast!
- Downloads are available in different formats. (the selection is fair enough)
- You can change the quality of the clips.
- Search history :-)
- No "Like" button. (Yes, I know that Minitube is mainly for viewing - but we'd like to give good videos a thumbs up)
- No "Share" button upfront. (If we have the download button, why can't we have a share button?)
- On the download screen, there is no button to clear what you have downloaded during that session. (However, downloaded clips will be deleted automatically when you close the app - but I still wanted to be able to delete it during that session.)
- It keeps going to the next clip after the first one finishes - it's so annoying, I do not want to see the next clip!
Have you tried using Minitube before? What do you think?
Updated (11/1/11): Version 1.6 of Minitube was released on 10/9 - new feature includes sharing of videos to social network sites - I am still doing some research on how the hell I can update it. (I really am that silly!)