|My New Desktop|
So...I finally had the guts to upgrade my Ubuntu OS.
- "Try it" was easy and as fast as Windows 7.
- Liked what I saw during the "Try it" period.
- Installation was easy! Took me 20 minutes to install the OS and wipe out Ubuntu 10.10.
- Took hours just to download/update and install restricted repositories (that must be my connection).
- Connecting via wi-fi is easy enough.
- Sh** I can't find anything, everything is sooo disorganized.
- Touch pad was not working at first (got it to work though! The power of rebooting).
- HEADPHONE JACK IS WORKING! YEY!
- Slow compared to 10.10
- Unity is giving me a tough time.
- I am not sure if I am liking the Launcher.
- I've never used a Mac but base on simulators this is extremely Mac-ish.
- Ubuntu Software Center is prone to freezing.
- Slow response when you open an app. (I think I got good hardware inside this laptop, 10.10 was quick).
- Ipod syncing is still not working.
- Everything freezes when I change settings using CCSM, I had to keep restarting.
- I do like the workspaces but there is something wrong with it - can't seem to point out.
- Not happy with the new terminal.
- Not happy with the window menu bar, it's confusing me.
What do you think of Ubuntu 11.10?
Any advice on how I can organize my system and helpful apps?